Grid trading is a highly profitable and mechanical trading strategy which has no reliance on direction, profits from volatility and uses the intrinsic wavy nature of the market.
- Easy to set up and supervise
- No indicators or hard analysis needed
- Grid trading is time-frame independent
- Requires little forecasting of the market
- Extracts money out of the market regularly
The PZ Grid Trading Lite EA implements basic features:
- Grids can be closed at the trader’s discretion
- It doesn’t trade open ended grids, exposure is limited
- The grid configuration can be changed on the fly
- No pending orders are placed: only market orders
- It works for forex, cfd’s and futures
Verified trading results
One of our customers recently finished 9th in the ForexTime Game of Pips Championship using our Grid Trading EAs on a live account. In less than a month, he took his account from 500$ to almost 3,000$, trading currency pairs, indices and gold.
What is grid trading?
Grid trading has become very popular amongst traders because it does not use stops, is highly mechanical, has no reliance on direction, uses the intrinsic wavy nature of the market, does not require indicators or charts to trade and can be easily automated. Grid trading refers to the trading approach which uses fixed price levels to enter and exit trades.
On the bright side, a grid trading strategy can profit from the same absolute market movement several times and can even make money if the market is moving against your grid. On the downside it can appear complex and illogical initially, it can incur large drawdowns if poorly managed, requires more patience than normal and may require forex traders to make a huge paradigm shift it their thinking.
How to set up a trading grid
To set up a trading grid, just follow these simple steps.
- Choose the direction: If the market is close to a strong support you might want to start a buy grid and the opposite for a sell grid. If neither situation is present, you might want to start a bidirectional grid.
- Choose the grid size, spacing and lot size: Enter the desired grid size, spacing and lot size into the Expert Advisor. For live trading, a spacing somewhere between 50 and 200 pips is recommended. Choose the grid size and lot size in such a way that the total exposure is never more than three times your account equity and the grid range covers at least until another strong support or resistance which is likely to hold the market within your range.
- Start the grid: Once the settings are loaded and correct, trigger the first order of the grid by enabling the grid in the Expert Advisor’s inputs. Buy grids are started enabling Enable BUY Grid parameter. Likewise, sell grids are started enabling Enable SELL Grid parameter.
- Close the grid: The trading grid will cash-in profits regularly until you decide to close it.